Great news about the possibility of air travel to Bulgaria for Russian tourists. Now you can fully consider Bulgaria for a seaside holiday! Flights fly to Sofia, Varna and Burgas not only from Moscow, but also from other Russian cities. All flights with transfers, so the time spent on the flight will be from 7 hours.
The local beaches are absolutely safe, even if you decide to travel with a child, however, we will tell you more about the best beaches and the most attractive holiday resorts. Sea adventures begin!
South: Burgas, Sunny Beach, Nessebar, Sozopol
Since the Stara Planina mountain system (once the Balkan Mountains) divides the country into Southern and Northern Bulgaria, we will consider the resorts of these parts, respectively. The international airport is located in Burgas, so it is from here that you have to transfer to the hotel.
- There are many resorts here, most of the beaches have a sandy surface and are even marked with the Blue Flag for cleanliness and safety. Burgas itself is not only a tourist unit, but also an industrial one, it is the second largest city and the first largest port in Bulgaria.
- There are many sleeping areas and industrial zones, so not everywhere you get the feeling of relaxing in a seaside town.
- With children, you can go to Sarafovo thanks to the breakwaters here is a calm sea, and you can smear yourself with healing mud in Solnitsyt.
- 30 km to the north is the resort of Sunny Beach, so popular with our compatriots. This bay is perfect for a holiday with a child, as it is quite shallow here.
- However, for a relaxing holiday, it is better to choose hotels of the second and third lines, since the first crowded and noisy young people have chosen this city with its «live» discos, clubs and bars.
- Also, about 30 km from Burgas, you need to drive to Sozopol, an incredibly atmospheric city that serves as a place of inspiration for creative bohemia.
- Here, narrow cobbled streets, fabulous architecture, and lush vegetation add romance to local views. Nearby is the island of St. Ivan.
- Nessebar is a truly unique corner of Bulgaria, protected by UNESCO, 37 km from Burgas. This city was once almost completely submerged and now it is a rocky peninsula measuring only 850 m by 300 m.
Nevertheless, the local sandy beach is considered by many to be the best, the most picturesque in Bulgaria, it is awarded the Blue Flag.
The weather here is beautiful from May to October, however, in addition to beach activities, you should definitely enjoy the sights here, because there are as many as 40 temples in such a small area.
North: Varna, Albena, Golden Sands
- In this part of the country, the international airport is located in Varna. The resort itself is very popular with young people; there is an active nightlife here!
- However, vacationers with children will feel comfortable here. The entrance to the sandy coast is gentle, at first quite shallow.
The beaches are large and spacious, so even during the peak season you can easily relax.
Varna is perfect for lovers of excursions and those wishing to undergo wellness procedures. The mild climate, therapeutic mud and mineral waters are used for the benefit of guests.
- 18 km away is the resort of Golden Sands, which is very popular with both young people and families with children, and couples who are looking for solitude.
- The entire tourist infrastructure is well developed here, which allows you to have a great time visiting local bars, restaurants, clubs, as well as exploring the sights.
- All beaches are covered with fine golden sand. Quiet places should be sought closer to the outskirts, for example, it is good to spend holidays with a child near the Riviera complex, where there is a gentle entrance to the Black Sea. And the best for youth recreation is the lively Mojito beach. There are waves here.
- Albena is located 40 km from Varna, famous for its unique combination of marine life and liana forest. Lush vegetation grows close to the sandy shore, leaving a strip of 5 km by 150 m, where tourists spend their time.
- This cultural city is rich in attractions, show programs, museums, galleries, and there is also a lot of attention paid to young guests. Children’s centers can be found everywhere.
- Albena is famous, among other things, for its restaurants, vacationers from all over Bulgaria come here to taste the masterpieces of local cuisine, seafood is especially delicious here.
Without a doubt, Bulgaria opens up to every traveler from its own side. However, it is very difficult not to fall in love with this sunny land where it is beautiful, relaxed, cozy and, most importantly, very tasty!