Worth choosing Alanya
Alanya is a coastal city on the south coast of Turkey that offers a unique combination of relaxing atmosphere, fascinating history and outdoor adventure.
Located on the picturesque coast of the Mediterranean Sea, the resort is surrounded on three sides by the high Taurus Mountains.
The historical center of Alanya is divided into two halves by a 250-meter rocky cape, on top of which rises an impressive medieval defensive fortress with three towers.
- Tourists who go on vacation to Turkey often have not heard of this seaside town and therefore choose more famous and visited resorts.
- However, Alanya is a real hidden gem offering a huge amount of entertainment. Sometimes it pays to stray off the beaten track and get new experiences.
- Alanya is located in the heart of the Turkish Riviera with a pleasant Mediterranean climate characterized by long hot summers and mild winters.
- Upon arrival here, you are guaranteed great weather, because the sun in Alanya shines 310 days a year. The best time to visit Alanya is undoubtedly between June and December when you can expect temperatures around 31°C.
- If you want to focus on exploring the area, spring can be a great time to visit. Then the average temperature is about 20°C, which may not be enough for swimming in the sea, but pleasant enough to relax on a beautiful beach.
There are many opportunities in Alanya: today you can laze on the Cleopatra Beach, and the next day you can go to the amazing Sapedere Canyon.
- Here are a few reasons why Alanya is worthy to spend your vacation on.
- The biggest attraction of Alanya is undoubtedly the 13th century fortress with characteristic towers. The first fortifications on the rock were probably erected as early as the 3rd century BC. The high cliff offers a breathtaking view of the bay and nearby mountains.
The fortress of Alanya is not only a citadel, but also a whole system of defensive walls and structures, such as a shipyard and an armory. The octagonal Red Tower (Kizikule) standing at the entrance to the port, the symbol of the city, was also part of the castle’s defense system.
The tower was erected during the reign of the Seljuk Empire to protect the port and shipyards from attacks from the sea. Then, for hundreds of years, the Red Tower was used by the army, and in the middle of the twentieth century, the Ethnographic Museum was founded on the ground floor.
Of course, most tourists go to Alanya for the sun and warm sea baths. And no wonder, because the surrounding beaches are beautiful: wide, sandy and clean.
- Be sure to visit the most beautiful beach on the entire Turkish Riviera: Cleopatra Beach. According to legend, it was here that the last queen of Hellenistic Egypt often took sea baths.
- The beach is located in the western part of the peninsula and stretches right in front of the entrance to the Damlatas cave, known for its healing properties.
- Scientists estimate that the stalactites and stalagmites inside the cave date back to 15,000 years ago. Interestingly, the cave has a constant temperature (22°C) and humidity (95%) all year round.
Alanya is a great idea for a holiday in Turkey — it is not only a resort that comes to life during the tourist season, but also an interesting port city that is full of life all year round.
Every day there is a market where you can get to know the life of the inhabitants and buy unique spices and products of local craftsmen.