Travel around Moscow
Fascinating and beautiful places are located near Moscow, they can be explored over the weekend. These are ancient cathedrals, it is useful to walk through green parks and have a delicious meal.
For a car trip around Moscow, it is better to allocate 3 days. For a comfortable rest, you will have to book a hotel room in one of the towns of the trip.
Residents jokingly call the town Switzerland, because there is the same climate and nature. It is not for nothing that many sanatoriums were built there even under the USSR.
1. Zvenigorod is proud of the Savvino-Storozhevsky Monastery, built in 1398. It is interesting to visit the gate church, erected in a tent style, the Nativity Cathedral, which was often visited by people from the Romanov dynasty, the royal chambers. The relics of Savva Storozhevsky are buried in the monastery. This saint was a student of Sergei of Radonezh.
2. It is useful for lovers of sweets to visit the Museum of Russian Dessert, which is located on Frunze Street. Visitors will be told the history of the appearance of cheesecakes, bagels, marshmallows and gingerbread, they will be treated to these traditional Russian delicacies.
3. Be sure to visit the merchant’s yard in the city. The interior space is decorated antique. There are shops, souvenir shops, and in a cafe you can have a bite to eat.
Monasteries & Cathedrals in Istra
The town is located on the river of the same name, 40 km from the capital. Tourists are attracted to the town by the beautiful Resurrection New Jerusalem Monastery.
- In 1656, Patriarch Nikon ordered a replica of Jerusalem to be built here. Therefore, the Church of the Holy Sepulcher is there, and the Garden of Gethsemane. The walls of the temple, both internal and external, are decorated with amazing paintings, which can be admired for a long time.
- There are many churches and cathedrals in the town. It is especially interesting to visit the Church of the Holy Equal-to-the-Apostles Constantine and Helena, the Church of the Nativity of Christ and the Church of the Annunciation of the Blessed Mother of God. If time permits, it is advisable to visit the Epiphany Skete.
Many tourists are attracted by the New Jerusalem Museum and Exhibition Complex. There, visitors will be shown porcelain services made in the last century, a collection of church utensils and paintings of the 20th century. There are often art exhibitions.
- You can look at it from the observation deck on Krasnogorskaya Square. It is located between the Trinity-Sergius Lavra and Red Army Avenue. From the square, tourists will see the Holy Gates through which they pass to the Lavra.
- The relics of Sergei Radonezh are kept in the Trinity Cathedral. Here he spent a lot of time, and here he died.
It is interesting to visit the Bells of Russia museum. There is no such exposition with functioning bells anywhere else in the world. Any tourist is allowed to ring the bells.
It is interesting to visit the Gremyachiy Klyuch in the city. This large waterfall probably appeared thanks to the prayer of Sergei Radonezh.
The town is located 70 km from the capital. In the past, many famous people have visited here, so there are interesting museums in the town.
1. These include the State House-Museum of the Composer Tchaikovsky. In the museum, visitors can sit on a bench next to the bronze composer.
2. The Gaidar House Museum is also visited by many tourists. Here you can watch movies based on the works of Gaidar.
3. The Mendeleev Museum is located in the village of Boblov, not far from the town. A great Russian chemist lived in a small village house. Old elms grow on the territory of the museum, sit on a bench, escape from the daily hustle and bustle.