Holidays in Egypt
The first visit to Egypt delights almost every European tourist. It harmoniously combines modern buildings built in oriental style and historical monuments of ancient Egyptian culture.
A striking representative of modern Egypt and antiquity is the resort of Sharm el-Sheikh. The resort city is located in the southern part of the Sinai Peninsula and is washed by the waters of the Red Sea. Thanks to the richness of the natural world and the favorable climate, Sharm el-Sheikh has become attractive for tourists from different countries.
Back in the middle of the 20th century, the current resort city was a small village, the rapid development of which began in the 70s of the last century. Since that time it has been developing as a center of tourism.
Attractions, entertainment and climate of Sharm el-Sheikh
- One of the main attractions of the resort is the sea with the unforgettable beauty of the underwater world.
- Coral reefs are found almost along the entire coast. In some places, they extend from the shore up to 50 meters, so hotel owners have installed special pontoons along which you can go to the sea without fear of cutting yourself on the corals growing everywhere.
- There are many beaches in Sharm el-Sheikh, and all of them belong to hotel owners or are located in a protected area. In order to go to the beach, you need to pay from $5 to $12.
- The price depends on the level of the hotel and the level of service. To have a good time in a noisy company, you need to visit Terrazina beach, and to stay in a calm environment, then you need to go to El Fanar beach with excellent Italian cuisine and excellent service.
- Do not ignore the water park, which is built in the style of ancient Egypt. A ticket is about $30, and a child ticket is about $20. In the evening, lovers of club life can go to the best clubs located in the Naama Bay area, and those who like a relaxing holiday should take a walk through the Old Market bazaar.
- For lovers of outdoor activities, excursions to Mount Sinai are constantly organized, and there is an opportunity to make a hiking ascent, as well as visit the monastery of St. Catherine. Of course, during the ascent, you will have to spend some effort, but it’s worth it.
- From the top, an amazing and enchanting view of the Sinai Mountains will open.
- It will be an interesting excursion on a yacht to the Ras Mohammed reserve .
The climate in Sharm el-Sheikh is favorable for recreation at any time of the year.
The lowest average temperature occurs in December, January, February and March, which during this period drops to +17 degrees at night, and up to +24 degrees in the daytime. The warmest month is August:
— at night about +26 degrees;
— during the day about +36 degrees.
- The water temperature does not fall below +22 degrees. It happens in January. Precipitation falls only in November and December.
Travel agencies offer affordable prices for visiting the resort city. A week’s vacation can be booked from $300. This is much cheaper than a vacation in Phuket, and in terms of service and rich excursions, Shari el-Sheikh is in no way inferior. But this is a matter of taste and personal desire.
The currency used in Egypt is the Egyptian pound (EGP). The exchange is made at the rate: 1$=7, 45 EGP.