Barnaul city in Siberia
Barnaul is the administrative center of the Altai Territory. It is included in the TOP-20 cities of Russia in terms of population, about 648 thousand people live here.
- Barnaul is a relatively young city (by historical standards), but the lands on which it stands attracted the attention of the inhabitants of the planet long before our era.
- A large number of sites of ancient man (more than six dozen) were found here, they are recognized by scientists as archaeological cultural monuments. Tourists who have bought a plane ticket and come to Barnaul will have something to see.
- «Museum of Entertaining Sciences How-So?» created on the principle of interactivity: visitors can touch any exhibits with their hands, participation in various kinds of experiments is welcome. Getting into the fascinating world of science, visitors disappear for a long time within the walls of the museum.
- The mountain pharmacy is the first pharmacy in Altai, located in a unique brick building (monument of the 18th century).
- The house under the spire — built in the middle of the 20th century, does not represent historical value, but is one of the symbols of the city.
- Demidovskaya Square (named after the founder of the first silver-smelting plant) was created in the traditions of Russian classicism.
- Barnaul Ribbon Forest is a natural monument, the longest forest belt on the planet (about 500 km).
- The attention of the guests of Barnaul deserves the Museum of Local Lore, the Museum of auto theft named after Yuri Detochkin, the park «Barnaul fortress», the museum «City».
- Barnaul is connected with other cities of Russia by large highways (federal highway M-52 «Chuysky Trakt», «Pavlovsky Trakt»), a railway connection has been established, and an airport is operating.
- Barnaul Airport is named after German Titov, located 17 km from the city, along the Pavlovsky tract.
- It received international status in 1995. Thanks to the reconstruction, which was carried out in 1998, it has the ability to receive ships of almost all types.
- Aeroflot, Siberia, UTair, Orenburg Airlines, North Wind, Kuban Airlines and a number of other carriers operate here.
- The flight schedule makes it possible to study the geography of Russia: transport links have been established with Moscow, St. Petersburg, Sochi, Tomsk, Surgut, Irkutsk, Krasnoyarsk, Norilsk and other cities of the country.
- Antalya, Sharm El Sheikh, Hannover, Bangkok became the priority destinations on international air routes.